Glen Affric, Culloden & Clava Cairns Small-Group Tour from Inverness
You first venture to the ancient burial site of Clava Cairns. This Bronze Age ‘graveyard’ has survived four millennia and is a great spot to take atmospheric photos. They say the stone circle here was the inspiration for the Craigh na Dun time portal in the Outlander books.
You then visit Culloden, one of the most important locations in Scottish history. It was here that a 60-year series of uprisings finally ended in a tumultuous battle. You can explore the visitor centre and pay tribute to those who lost their lives at the last ever battle fought on British soil.
You ramble along to Glen Affric and stop off for walks amongst the indigenous Caledonian pine trees. You get the chance to enjoy views over Loch Affric and the mountains beyond, and your driver-guide ensures you go to the best waterfalls and photo spots throughout the afternoon.
Following this, you have the chance to stretch your legs and explore the historic ruins of Beauly Priory. 13th-century French monks called this religious site 'beau lieu', which means 'beautiful place'.
Your final journey takes you along the shores of Loch Ness and back to the centre of Inverness for the early evening.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 5 years|
What is included
- Small-group tour (16 people max)
- Transport by top of the range Mercedes mini-coach
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Please arrive at least 15 mins in advance to check-in.
- Culloden - We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
COVID-19 - Important Information About Your Tour
- We’re following government guidance and doing everything we can to ensure you enjoy a worry-free adventure. This means you need to be aware of a few things before you join your tour.
Our Safety Procedures
You’re required to wear a face covering onboard our mini-coaches
You’ll receive a quick temperature check at your departure point
There’s a short COVID-19 questionnaire to answer when you arrive
Our mini-coaches have allocated seating to comply with one-metre indoor social distancing rules
Hand sanitiser is provided onboard our mini-coaches
When outside of our mini-coach, please comply with all government and 3rd party guidance regarding the control of COVID-19
Tour routes may change slightly, and certain attractions and facilities may be closed due to the Coronavirus. But don’t worry, your knowledgeable driver-guide will ensure you enjoy the best experience possible.
Meeting Point Information
MEETING: Margaret St, Inverness-Shire IV1 1LT, Scotland, GB