The Complete Loch Ness Experience Small-Group Day Tour from Inverness
This short-day tour lets you discover all the marvellous views and secrets of Loch Ness.
You leave Inverness and follow the Caledonian Canal to the source at Loch Ness.
Cruise around the loch for stunning views of the surrounding scenery, and get the chance to see Urquhart Castle from a different perspective.
You travel a short distance to Drumnadrochit, a popular destination for keen monster hunters! You have time here to look around for gifts and sit down for a spot of lunch.
Next, you venture to Invermoriston, where you can take a short walk to an old summerhouse with views of the river Moriston.
Your journey continues South West along the lochside to the furthermost point of the tour at Fort Augustus. Here you can take a picture of the boats coming in through the Caledonian Canal.
The slower roads take you through the less-travelled side of Loch Ness. Driving on single-track roads and using passing places is a typical Highland experience. You may stop for a photo and view looking east towards Loch Ness and Inverness. After a twisty drive through forested landscape, you arrive at the forest community of Foyers.
At this stop, you can walk downhill through native pine trees to see the hidden-away Falls of Foyers. This stunning waterfall was a favourite spot for Robert Burns, and if you’re lucky, you may spot a dashing red squirrel.
From here, you continue back along the Lochside and to Dores at the eastern end of the Loch.
This final viewpoint is the most striking vista of Loch Ness and the Great Glen rift valley.
From here, you return to Inverness and arrive in the early evening.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 5 years|
What is included
- Professional and friendly driver guide
- Small group (16 people max) for a more personal experience
- Transport in a 16-seat Mercedes luxury mini-coach
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Please arrive at least 15 mins in advance to check-in.
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Loch Ness cruise – We reserve tickets for you. If you want to visit this attraction, please purchase your ticket whilst on tour.
COVID-19 - Important Information About Your Tour
- We’re following government guidance and doing everything we can to ensure you enjoy a worry-free adventure. This means you need to be aware of a few things before you join your tour.
Our Safety Procedures
You’re required to wear a face covering onboard our mini-coaches
You’ll receive a quick temperature check at your departure point
There’s a short COVID-19 questionnaire to answer when you arrive
Our mini-coaches have allocated seating to comply with one-metre indoor social distancing rules
Hand sanitiser is provided onboard our mini-coaches
When outside of our mini-coach, please comply with all government and 3rd party guidance regarding the control of COVID-19
Tour routes may change slightly, and certain attractions and facilities may be closed due to the Coronavirus. But don’t worry, your knowledgeable driver-guide will ensure you enjoy the best experience possible.
Meeting Point Information
MEETING: Margaret Street, Inverness IV1, Scotland, GB